Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to the North I go


Most people kinda raise an eyebrow when I say I'm going on holiday to Sweden and Belgium - a strange combination, I know. But I have good friends in both countries. And since they're relatively close to each other, I figured I might as well do both while I'm in the vicinity.

So this Saturday (24th) I land in Stockholm, where I stay for just over a week. And then I fly to Brussels on Monday 3 October, and stay in Leuven until I leave on 7 October to come back to SA.

My holiday is somewhat different this time round. I've ordered my Lonely Planet travel guides, but I ordered too late and they haven't arrived. Last year I had my guides about a month beforehand.
I'm already packed, and I'm packing quite light. Last year I packed so much stuff I didn't even wear.
I haven't yet gotten my forex, last year I had budgeted and bought it way in advance.

It isn't that I'm not excited this time round, I think it's that I'm sure I will have a good time with my friends, regardless of whether I get to tick off all the tourist destinations or not.

Anyway, Anna has already told me everything she has planned for the day I land in Stockholm, recovering from the journey is obviously not a priority! And Valerie has listed all the spots she feels are important in Belgium, we will see if there is time to see anything else I might be interested in, maybe a trip to Amsterdam or Paris. And Koen has already spoken to me about the 6 course meal he feels is necessary for me to experience while visiting him in Belgium.

Not sure if I'll have time to read any travel guides, and I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment