Thursday, October 6, 2011

Belgium

I arrived in Belgium on Monday, but have not said much about Belgium, I just jetted off to Paris as soon as possible.
I stayed first with friends in Leuven, which is 20 minutes outside of Brussels by train, Valerie and Pieter. Leuven is a university town and the two of them work at Leuven University hospital usually. At present, Valerie is pregnant with twins and housebound, cos the little beans keep wanting to come out of her before their time. Their latest ultrasound showed that the one is 1,4kg and the other 1,3kg, so Valerie & Pieter feel a bit relieved now. But she still keeps her feet up for most of the day, everday the beans stay inside her, the better it is!
Yesterday I had a lazy morning with Valerie, eating croissants and chocolate for breakfast. Then I went into Brussels for a bit, before catching a train to Genk, near Hasselt, where my friends Koen & Gloria live, which is to the north east of Belgium, very near to the Dutch border.
Today Koen is my tour guide. We hope to do both Ghent and Antwerp. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures tomorrow and write a bit more about beautiful Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment